joi, 10 aprilie 2014

Can relationships that stem from an affair last?



Does the way that you meet your partner matter?

People choose to start their relationships in many different ways. You could meet someone at a coffee shop, at your job, a bar, or through a friend. Does the way that your relationship starts mean anything at all? Most people believe that it doesn’t, but what if your relationship started from an affair? Does this change anything? Can relationships that stemmed from affairs truly last?

What Statistics State

Statistically, relationships that start this way will generally not work out in the end. In fact, a lot of second marriages have a higher chance of failing than first marriages. Marriages that follow after the second marriage, will have even higher failure rates than your second one. Does this mean that anything after your first marriage will end terribly; Not exactly.

Just because statistics state that your marriage will not last, this does not mean you have to give up on it, or that regardless of what you do your marriage is going to fail miserably. Relationships are complex; they do not just revolve around where or how you met the person that you have chosen to be with. There are a lot of relationships that have rocky starts that in the end, work out into a healthy and happy relationship.

But, since the relationship that you are in did start because of an affair, there are going to be some trust issues between you and your new partner. Generally these feelings are more severe because the relationship that you are presently in is because of the result of your unfaithfulness.

Straight From My Mouth

I am a strong believer that relationships that start as affairs can last. In fact, my current marriage started this way. I was already married and so was my current husband. We met each other through his wife actually. We all hung out and our friendship slowly started into something that was a little bit more serious than the two of us had wanted. We stayed away from each other for a little while, because I did not believe that what I was doing to him was right.

He was with his wife for nine years prior to meeting me. He was ten years older than me and I felt like maybe the reason why he was attracted to me was because of my immature age. Staying away from each other really didn’t do us that much justice. He pursued me more and more due to the fact that I tried to back away from the entire ordeal.

We ended up ending our previous relationships and decided to give our relationship, which stemmed from an affair a chance. I have been married to my current husband for almost four years, but we have been together for seven. I feel that we do still have some trust issues amongst us because of the way that our relationship started, but we have managed to work past those problems and are still together today.

Do you believe that a relationship can last even if it was started from an affair? Or do you believe what statistics state that every relationship that starts from an affair is doomed?

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu